Thursday, November 21, 2013

Argument with Self




Argument with Self

Not today
The first argument
With self
This is me
The original
I am

Not today
The other argument
With self
This is me
The character
I become

Okay, these are warm up sketches of “D” from yesterday. The sketch of her in the nude was from a morning session. I went back to sketch her again in the evening modeling for a costumed session. With room on the drawing from the morning, I did the costumed “D” warm up poses on the same page. This drawing is the result. Viewing so much attitude, I couldn’t resist the words.
17”x 14” ballpoint pen 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you didn't it's fabulous and I'm such the good old question of oh my God it shrunk in the machine was probably the argument, well I can think of tons of things this expresses, such is your talent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn’t have thought of your scenario, though I see the possibilities.
      Thank you

      Delete
  2. I agree...this certainly is a lady with attitude - in the best possible way, of course *smiles*
    I really like the way each pose gradually comes more into focus until the one in the foreground stands out, almost in relief.
    And, yes, there does seem to be an argument going on between her selves...no prizes for guessing which one wins! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the almost random sketches did form this story. I’d like to say it was on purpose. I didn’t notice until after the session. I usually throw the warm ups out.
      Thank you

      Delete
  3. Perfect words for these great sketches of "D", Anthony! You must be true to one's self when you bare it all...but cover-up in yards of clothing and you can become "the great pretender" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be so much easier if we didn’t have to decide what to wear, who we will become, each day.

      Delete