Thursday, October 19, 2017

Somewhere Else




Somewhere Else

Place to be alone.
In a crowded studio
being drawn,
being painted,
being placed
somewhere else.
On a lonely shore
to a place
less ignored.
Sharing the solitude
of memory,
of fantasy.
imaginary places
Far from the crowds.

The watercolor was sketched out last night. The model is “MT”. We were both in a crowded studio searching for solitude.
The other sketch of “MT” is over a year old. Just getting around to sharing it. When drawn, the conditions were very much the same. I didn’t have time to place him somewhere else.

24”x 18” watercolor, graphite, chalk, and a little ink on 140 lb. cold press

24”x 18” graphite, oil sanguine and chalk on craft paper

4 comments:

  1. Imaginary places...and being in the same time at the couple places, aka parallel worlds...how mysteriously, magical.... I like when you write...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.. The commentary from thoughts while sketching. Writing happens when the sketch, in the end, doesn’t say enough.

      Delete
  2. Such wonderful escapism...don't we all long to be somewhere else sometimes? I know I do...only never anywhere as beautiful as this.
    I will take this image with me, if I may, in my mind...for those times when the hustle and bustle of life gets to me...
    Oh thank you so much for this sanity-saving image...:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do wonder of his escape behind his eyelids is the same. Feel a bit guilty deciding where he may want to be, placing him on one of my shores. You are welcome anytime to a fantasy shore on one of my islands. Sanity in the islands off solitude is not required. Just the need for this form of refuge.

    ReplyDelete