Monday, July 30, 2018

51 Years



51 Years

Looked back at what was,
and then at now.
Comparing images to memories. 
What was then
with what remains.

16 and 67.
There should be more.
More surprises in 51 years.
Though not really.
Not that surprising
after all.


My next self portrait should be more inventive.
Maybe four portraits on the page, starting earlier,
when I might have been considered cute.
Adding a forth exposing the bones,
with only openings for eyes and grinning teeth,
showing only the teeth left after a hockey stick
removed the ones in front 
somewhere between
portrait two and three.


6”x 9” ink

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love these!
    Isn't it strange how we may change on the surface, but inside...nope...still the same person!
    Well, I know that is true for me...am 62 going on 16!! lol
    Seriously though, I really love these...and all the ones you've posted before. A really fascinating subject.
    And I can't wait to see the next ones...ouch...that hockey stick hit must have been excruciating...:/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought much about aging as it applied to me until I had to admit I was aging too. It was just something happening around me. If only I could avoid mirrors and those who irritate me by photographing me, I would have remained 16 too☺
      Thank you

      Delete