Saturday, June 2, 2018

No Strings, Or Squished Blue Bug



No Strings, Or Squished Blue Bug

Or maybe just a model
in a red dress sitting
with a funny shaped guitar
missing strings,
posing next to
the portrayal
of a squished blue bug
pretending to be
an abstract painting.


Did this sketch of “S” posing next to a complicated abstract painting with a string-less guitar, in a session with her yesterday afternoon. The abstract was all long squiggly strings of dark colors I didn’t like very much. Couldn’t get myself to actually try to duplicate it. And there really wasn’t enough time. So I put her next to the squished bug painting instead, out of my head.

14”x 11” ink and watercolor

4 comments:

  1. Very wonderful figure painting !!!
    Have a nice and creative week !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you put all the effort into her, rather than the abstract painting...I think the painting would have distracted us from the brilliant work that this is.
    As it is, she really stands out...and I love her expression.
    I can't quite read it...yet, she seems so deep in thought...:))
    Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete