Friday, January 4, 2019

Maybe



Maybe

Maybe late at night?
Maybe within a gazebo
of weathered cedar
and old carpenter dreamed up? 
Maybe on and island
surrounded by a pond?
Maybe there is a bridge?
Must have a bridge.
Unfortunately, or maybe
It’s obvious.
I wasn’t there.

Another sketch starting with simple lines lacking a planned direction that soon became sort of complicated.
Okay, the yellow with compliments I must admit was planned, wherever this ended up.
6”x 9” ink and watercolor

Fountain Pen: Platinum Carbon fine point

2 comments:

  1. And yet, it seems, I am there...in the folly, on the edge of the lake.
    The isolation, the moonlight, just the two of them. Takes me back to my youth!
    Perhaps this is an enticing glimpse into another era, though. They appear to be wearing 19th Century costume...now I'm wondering if this could be a scene from a movie...echoes of "Gone With the Wind"?
    Your "simple lines" have here suggested so much...
    Fantastic!!😊😊

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many possibilities.. I agree. Seems the less detail when letting the lines figure it out is better than defining too much.
      Thank you

      Delete