Sunday, May 27, 2018

Being Sort of Cool



Being Sort of Cool

Could have been sitting
posing in a studio
for someone like me,
instead of the photographer
who sold her image
in various outfits
and accessories.

She was selling slippers here.

I wondered as I sketched her
being sort of cool
in an old mail order catalog
from back when I was
probably still in school.

Found her in an old mail order catalog. Was thinking while sketching her and a few other models in the catalog, while away from my studio last week for a few days, about how old the models would be now. How they would be about my age now having lived out much of their lives. Dealing though, of course, still looking cool.

7”x 10” ink and watercolor

6 comments:

  1. With new slippers, of course. Because they don’t make them like they used to.

    I like the idea of sketching the models as you imagine them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes with new slippers, probably purchased on line☺
      I have this habit when sketching portraits of imagining; on younger faces how they will look when older, and with older, how they looked in their youth. Unfortunately, more often than not what is imagined ends up as the sketch..

      Delete
  2. Time colliding creates 4D image in our brain with our human perception...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds complicated, but I think I agree?? Something like that must take place☺

      Delete
  3. Brilliant!!
    I sometimes have thoughts like these too. Just the other day, I came across an old class photo, and wondered what my classmates were doing at that moment.
    Gosh, I thought, they'll be 62 now like me! Lol
    A fabulous sketch...really poignant!☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These thoughts are occurring more often lately.. I know it’s age, and probably seeing way too many reminders lately of my mortality.
      Thank you

      Delete