Monday, March 25, 2019

A Touch or Two



A Touch or Two

A conversation plays
in the still silence
of a long morning,
by an allusive
touch or two,
hidden by
a veiled vision,
planned to
appease.



“SA” settled into this pose for the long pose in the session I attended over the weekend. An okay pose with all the same challenges, I suppose. Not sure why it bothered me. Hopefully it made the last hour of the session less boring for her. I used to enjoy sketching poses with the model pretending to be reading a book. Maybe in my head I saw more of a story to express.

11”x 14” ink and watercolor

2 comments:

  1. Yes...I, too, think there is much more to express here.
    The shadow immediately put me in mind of Venus posing in her shell...and she certainly has the aura of a Goddess!
    Very beautiful.😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Symbolic thoughts.. I wonder if the need for constant contact through an IPhone isn’t sort of like being within a shell where maybe feeling like a Goddess can’t be challenged? ☺
      Thank you

      Delete