Thursday, January 26, 2017

Lantern, Maybe




Lantern, Maybe

Yesterday afternoon I had about twenty minutes between walking with the wife to the university, and then heading further across The Meadows for a drop in life drawing session. So I found a bench and sketched what I think must have been a lantern of some sort, maybe long ago, lit by a torch? Having spent many years of my architectural career figuring out and drafting details for buildings, my thoughts while sketching were of the long forgotten craftsmen and builders, maybe someone like myself, responsible for this now seemingly obscure beacon watching over The Meadows. Now only noticed during the day.

7”x 10” ink and watercolor

2 comments:

  1. WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for follow poker regels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found out later that there is a small bell within the structure.. Not intended as a lantern at all.

      Delete