Saturday, August 11, 2018

Discovery



Discovery

There it was,
only a short walk
into the trees,
on the side of the road.
Just like in The Beginning Place
by Ursula K. Le Guin.

If only I had been alone.
I would have done more.
More than just
remembered the book.

Would have entered.
Would have searched
for Irene.


Another sketch from recent visit to Colorado.
Hidden between a road descending, or I suppose climbing, depending on up or down, and the side of a dense treed mountain range. This beginning place happened to be somewhere between Boulder and Denver. I lost all sense of time..

9”x 12” ink and watercolor

2 comments:

  1. Think I'd lose all sense of time here too!
    WOW...this is so enchanting a place...has now inspired me to search for Irene...:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is worth finding along with the other characters in on of my favorite stories by Ursula LeGuin.

      Delete