Thursday, October 11, 2018

Over There



Over There

A temporary studio
Looks out a giant old window.
Out over a wild garden park
is in the middle of a circle
of buildings looking the same.

Wonder if in the shadows
within the windows over there
if someone might be looking back?

Do they see me hidden in the dark
during the day,
or in the artificial light at night
looking back?

Spent a little of the afternoon yesterday sketching the place across the garden through my temporary studio window.
12”x 9” ink and watercolor


2 comments:

  1. Wow..what an intriguing view! I love that glimpse of a building through the trees...the dark windows inspire a mysterious and slightly sinister sense of the unknown.
    Your mind works in a similar way to mine...whenever I see windows, I often wonder if anyone is looking back at me. Sometimes I begin to feel uneasy then...and have to move to a different location...away from windows! lol
    This is SO beautiful...and atmospheric. I love those stunning autumnal trees!!:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.
      I am looking out now in the dark. the last of the sun is leaving the windows with the glow of the sunset, set back behind the now darkness of the trees in front.
      Over the last day or two all the yellow leaves have fallen. In the light, more of the buildings across can be seen now, through the naked tree. More show. More wondering about who might be looking out.

      Delete