Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Waiting For The Storm




Waiting For The Storm

Considered going darker.
Decided instead on
imaginary shores.
Wish in hind sight
I’d changed the shirt
he was sitting on
to green or maybe blue.


Sketched these two images of “JQ” posing yesterday in a session surrounded by other sketchers within a round room. Had a few minutes left over in each of the poses to place him somewhere, other than where we were.
11”x 18” ink and watercolor

Fountain Pens: Platinum Carbon fine point.

2 comments:

  1. I really like where you have placed him...the sense of the approaching storm in the first is almost palpable.
    In the second...well...just look at that amazing seascape!!
    I take your point regarding the shirt...at first glance, I thought it was blood and so a rather ominous story began to form itself in my imagination! So relieved to learn it was merely a shirt!! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes the shore is such an obvious first choice. Where I would be if not in one of these sessions.
      I was so tempted to make something of the red though☺

      Delete