Friday, October 26, 2018

Watching the Crowd



Watching the Crowd

Was thinking while sketching
these two,
watching over the crowd,
how I might have viewed them
as a child.
Wondering which one
will move first,
And how many
in the crowd,
will die.


Spent last week in London, so of course, I walked through Trafalgar Square to visit my favorite impressionists within the National Gallery.
Ended up photographing and then watching the lions afterwards for a while, dealing with the oblivious crowd.

12”x 9” ink and watercolor

2 comments:

  1. Ha, think there must be the child lingering in me still...this is exactly how I think now! ;)
    This is beautiful. I love these moments captured in time. It's much like looking at a photo and wondering what those people are doing now (something I often do).
    I love Trafalgar Square...there is always a fascinating atmosphere there, whatever time of the year you visit. It is such a picturesque place. :))

    Have a Great Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite places in London too.. Enjoy seeing through a child’s eyes.
    Thank you
    Hope you are having a great weekend too.

    ReplyDelete