Friday, June 21, 2013

"C" In Pith Helmet





“C” In Pith Helmet
He was back again, earlier this week, playing an old Scottish soldier again. “C” was posing in another of his many uniforms, modeling for a costume figure session. It was the first time I’ve seen him in this uniform, sporting a pith helmet.
The last time I drew him was in February of this year, playing an old Scottish soldier in a uniform with a Glengarry bonnet (had to look it up).
1st: 12”x 18” watercolor
2nd: 18”x 24” watercolor

Precious posts with other uniforms:


6 comments:

  1. From the explorer to the Major wow on incredible duo portrait

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s like living in the past, before even I was born.
      Thank you

      Delete
  2. Yes I moved you from the first blog I visit to the last blog I visit, I find easier to read others and end with you, 'cause then I always have something to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These two have such character...if they were real, I wonder what their stories would be?!
      They would have intriguing pasts, of that I'm certain!
      Brilliant work, as ever, Anthony! :)

      Delete
    2. He is real in a way. “C” is known to march in these various uniforms, in parades. He’s part of a local Scottish Band. And I think he’s with a group of historic performers who explain the significance and history behind the costumes they wear.
      Thank you

      Delete